Healthy, Fast, and Filling Breakfast Ideas for Busy School Days
School is back and session and that means you, as a parent, have incredibly busy mornings. It can seem like there simply isn’t enough time to feed your child breakfast and get him or her out of the door in time. However, as the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you would be doing your child’s development a disservice by letting them skip breakfast every morning.
Breakfast is a must to help our kids do their best at school. Many studies have found that there is a link between eating a healthy breakfast and higher achievement on standardized tests, improved concentration, and classroom behavior. Breakfast doesn’t have to be extravagant – just a bit of substance can help your kids get out the door with full bellies and brains eager to learn.
Although mornings can be a crunch, there are a few quick and easy breakfast ideas to make busy days a breeze.
- High protein granola bar and a piece of fresh fruit
- Toast a bagel, cover with a light coating of cream cheese and add two or three slices of apple
- Whizz up ½ cup milk, a frozen banana, ¼ cup of oats, ½ cup of blueberries, and a few ice cubes in a blender for a delicious blueberry smoothie
- Put a banana on a stick, dip it in yogurt, and then roll it in granola. Place it on wax paper and freeze for 1-2 hours or overnight
- Make the night before: Breakfast sandwich made with an English muffin, jam, and peanut butter
- Make the night before: Oats, soaked in soy milk with fresh berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon and left to chill in the fridge overnight
- Make beforehand: Roll apple chunks, raisins, cinnamon, flaxseed, soya milk, and oats together. Roll into bite-sized balls, and bake in the morning for a hot oatmeal breakfast treat.
If you have more time in the mornings, whip up some whole wheat pancakes or frittatas to keep your kid full until lunch.
To ensure that your child is getting the right nutrients, let the team at Sand Canyon Urgent Care help. We provide the medical attention that has your child’s best interest in mind. With facilities in Irvine and Stanton, we can help treat your child quickly. We welcome walk-ins and have an expert team of medical professionals ready to help you.